The home buying experience and great customer service doesn’t end when construction is completed – it just begins. We are grateful that you chose Deal 2 Deal Custom Homes as your builder, and to ensure we exceed your home buying experience expectations, we provide our home buyers with important homeowner information. From your pre-close walk through checklist to your sub-contractor contact directory and warranty process, our goal is to provide great customer service well after your home is built.
- Turn on the heater and listen to it go on.
- Check that air is coming out of all the vents or check if radiators or convectors are getting warm to the touch.
- Turn up the thermostat at least five degrees over room temperature. Make sure the heater continues to run and then shuts off.
- Turn on the air conditioner and listen to it go on.
- Check that cool air is coming out of all the vents.
- Turn down the thermostat at least five degrees under room temperature. Make sure the air conditioner continues to run and then shuts off.
- Inspect each light fixture to make sure it is fully-installed and that there are no broken parts to the fixture.
- Turn on each light switch and fixture to test that it works correctly.
- Plug a radio into each electrical outlet to be sure that the outlet functions.
- Test the doorbell.
- Check every faucet to make they turn on and off easily.
- Run every fixture for five minutes. Check for leaks from the base of the fixture and drips from the faucet.
- Check countertops for scratches and abrasions.
- Inspect the front of each cabinet for a smooth finish.
- Open every cabinet. Look for sturdy hinges and hardware.
- Pull out every drawer as far as possible. Be sure each drawer pulls in and out smoothly.
- Turn on each appliance and make sure that it functions correctly.
- Inspect the bathtub, shower, sink and toilet for chips and cracks.
- Close the bathtub and sink stopper. Add a couple of inches of water. Wait two to three minutes to be sure the stopper does not leak.
- Flush every toilet. Check for leaks around the base of the toilet.
- Sit on the toilet to make sure it is securely fastened to the floor.
- Check glass to make sure there are no cracks.
- Open every window to its fullest and then close it tight. Hold a lit match or lighter around the edges of the window. A flickering flame will signal an air leak.
- Check each for sturdy hinges and hardware.
- Be sure there is a screen tightly installed on every window. Look for holes or tears in the screen.
- Open and close all doors to their fullest and then close. Look for a smooth operation of the hinge with no dragging at the bottom of the door.
- Make sure all sides of the door are painted, including the tops, bottoms and edges.
- Lock and unlock every door. Look for a smooth operation of the lock with no binding.
- Check the threshold under every door to be sure there is no open space under the door.
- Check the finish for the desired level of smoothness.
- Check drywall for visible seams or nail heads.
- Confirm that paint and varnish colors are correct.
- Check floor and ceiling moldings.
- Look for a smooth finish with no protruding nail heads. Check for gaps that may need caulking.
- Look for broken, chipped or cracked floor and wall tiles. Check for missing grout. Look for scuff marks on hardwood, tile and linoleum flooring.
- Check carpeted areas. Look for loose fitting carpet at the edges or in the middle of the room.
- Check the sturdiness of the construction.
- Be sure that there are no exposed nails or screws.
- Open and close the door. Be sure the door opens and closes completely.
- If there is an automatic garage door opener, test the door from the wall switch and the remote control openers. Open the door half way and then quickly stop the opening. Place a small item like a bucket under the open door and then close the door to test the reversing device. Be sure that the light bulb in the automatic door opener is functioning.
- Check the walls for cracks and water damage.
- Check attic ventilation system. Manually turn any fans or blades.
- Check exterior paint for defects. Be sure it is the correct color and that all surfaces are evenly covered.
- Check to make sure all gutters and downspouts are installed.
- Be sure there are no cracks in the garage floor, driveway or patio.
Deal 2 Deal Homes welcomes the opportunity for us to correct any issues that you have found in your new home. In order for us to properly repair and correct the issue, please see the options below. If this is an emergency, please call Deal 2 Deal Homes at 915-217-9233.
FOR HOMES THAT CLOSED PRIOR TO 11/26/2018
Please submit the form below.
FOR HOMES THAT CLOSED AFTER 11/26/2018
Visit the link below to get started.